The Academic Center will help you to improve your math and reading skills. Information is also available to help you develop effective study, test taking, and time-management skills. Services are available to all students who are currently enrolled at Great Plains Tech. Academic Center
Building 100, Room 148
Mon, Tues & Thur 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wed 8 :00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Fri 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Student Services Available in the Academic Center
- Computer Lab with internet and laser printer access
- Keytrain-Online learning system for basic workplace skills specific to Career Clusters based on WorkKeys Employment System
- OKCIS-ACT/SAT practice tests and career exploration
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Vista
- QuickBooks Pro – Accounting
- Mavis Beacon, Glenco and Gregg College Keyboarding Programs
- Medical Transcription Tapes and Cohen Medical Terminology Program
- Rosetta Stone ESL Program
- Kurzweil Educational System
- GPTC Program Specific Practice
The Academic Center Coordinator can also help with the following:
- Learning/Working Style Assessment
- Improve study, test taking, and time management skills
- Develop a basic skills improvement plan for Math & Reading
- Provide individual/group instruction for TABE remediation (as outlined in the Tech Tab)
- Provide a quiet setting for homework or studying