School District No. 9
Regular Board Meeting
Building 100, Auditorium, 4500 SW Lee Blvd, Lawton, Oklahoma 73505
Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 6:00 PM
1. Prayer – James Bishop
2. Call to order
3. Introduction of guests
4. Consent Agenda:
a. Minutes of October 4, 2022 board meeting
b. Encumbrances for October 2022: Gen 1234-1453; Gen Payroll 50255-50313; Bldg 104-121; Bldg Payroll 50017-50018; Change Orders: Gen -$48,485.87; Bldg $44,937.39.
c. Transfer activity funds for October 2022.
5. Public Comment
This is an open, public meeting held in accordance with the Open Meeting Laws of the State of Oklahoma. The purpose of this meeting is to conduct the business of the Great Plains
Technology Center. As elected representatives of the voters and patrons of the Center, the members of the Board of Education will be making decisions concerning the operation of the District. The agenda for Regular Meetings includes an opportunity for the public to address any item appearing on the agenda. Members of the public wishing to speak must sign in with the Clerk of the Board prior to appearing on the agenda. Members of the public wishing to speak must sign in with the Clerk of the Board prior to the convening of the Board meeting. Statements to the Board by the public are limited to no more than 3 minutes per speaker. The Board reserves the right to limit repetitive comments, comments unrelated to the business of the Board or the total amount of time dedicated to public comment in a single evening. Board members will not respond to questions or comments during public communications, but the Board President may refer matters of concern to the Superintendent for review and recommendations.
6. Program Update: Life Ready Center (Joan Cole)
7. Treasurer's report- Stacy Pifer
a. Discussion and possible board action on the resolution calling for a Board of Education Primary Election on Tuesday, February 14, 2023 and a Board of Education General Election on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
8. Director of Marketing and Communications Report - Teresa Abram
9. Executive Director of Instructional Development (Fred) report - Ken McKee
10. Director of Instructional Services report - Brandon Mayer
a. Discussion and possible board action regarding the 2023 Model Schools Conference in Orlando, Florida.
11. Director of Information and Technology report - Lance Alston
a. Discussion and possible board action to purchase laptops for the Cosmetology and Robotics programs.
12. Executive Director of Business & Industry Services and Adult Career Development - Morgan Gould
a. Discussion and possible board action to approve the Clinical Agreement with Life EMS.
13. Director of Maintenance and Purchasing report - Justin Neeley
a. Discussion and possible board action to purchase a new forklift for the Secondary Welding program.
14. Superintendent's report - Clarence Fortney
a. Next regular board meeting is December 6, 2022
15. New Business: New business refers to any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting of the agenda. Okla. Stat. tit. 25, Sec.311(A)(9).
16. Proposed executive session to discuss:
a. Discussion on employment of candidate as Adult Career Development Secretary for FY23.
b. Discussion on employment of candidate as Grounds Maintenance Worker for FY23.
c. Discussion on employment of candidate as Part-time Adult Education Secretary for FY23.
d. Possible employment of part-time personnel, part-time ACD and BIS personnel for FY23 as listed on agenda item so the board can return to open session to vote on employment matters discussed.
Executive session authority: 25 Okla. Stat. Sec. 307(B)(1) and (7).
17. Vote to convene in executive session
18. Acknowledge board's return to open session
19. Statement of executive session minutes
20. Action Items
a. Discussion and possible board action on employment of candidate as Adult Career Development Secretary for FY23.
b. Discussion and possible board action on employment of candidate as Grounds Maintenance Worker for FY23.
c. Discussion and possible board action on employment of candidate as Part-time Adult Education Secretary for FY23.
d. Discussion and possible board action on employment of part-time personnel, part-time ACD and BIS personnel for FY23.
21. Vote to adjourn
The agenda was posted in the front entry way of Building 100 of the Lawton campus on October 31, 2022 by 3:00PM by the Minutes Clerk of the Board of Education.
Stacy Pifer, Minutes Clerk