COVID-19 continues to present challenges for everyone including Great Plains Technology Center. In spite of those challenges, we are proud for providing a safe and healthy environment for our students, staff, clients and visitors.
Our commitment is now and will always be to train the workforce of tomorrow through real world, hands-on educational experiences for our students.
Lessons learned from the 2020-21 school year are that COVID is unpredictable and flexibility is key. Great Plains Technology Center will monitor current conditions and will comply with local, state, and federal guidelines to control the spread of COVID-19.
CAMPUS Guidance for COVID Update:
- Masks are optional for those who are fully vaccinated. CDC guidelines encourage those not vaccinated to wear a mask to reduce transmission risk.
- Guests may enter through any door which is available for public use. Before entering guests and staff are encouraged to complete a self-assessment of current health. Anyone exhibiting a temperature, unusual cough or other health related issue which may be due to COVID or who has been in contact with someone who may be ill is asked to not enter the building.
- Inside common areas will be reopened for use.
- Plexiglass barriers may be removed; however, if in an individual’s workspace the individual chooses to do so, the barrier will be kept in place.
- Custodial staff will continue disinfecting high contact surfaces.
- Instructors are encouraged to continue keeping shared spaces and equipment disinfected.
- PPE will continue to be provided by the school for those needing the supplies.
- Staff are encouraged to continue practicing good hygiene, to include hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer.
- Class size will return to pre-Covid numbers.
- Building 300, the Business Development Center, and the Prairie Room will open for public meeting space. The Frederick Seminar Center will also reopen. Scheduling of those rooms is as follows: Building 300 (Kelly Filer) Business Development Center (Dana Newsom) Prairie Room (Kelly Filer) Frederick Seminar Center (Ken McKee).
- All employees are strongly encouraged to vaccinate but the decision to do so remains a personal choice.
- Beginning Tuesday, June 1, 2021 travel will resume for employees.
- Travel, either personal or professional, may require quarantine and will be determined on a case by case basis.