COVID-19 continues to present challenges for everyone including Great Plains Technology Center. In spite of those challenges, we are proud for providing a safe and healthy environment for our students, staff, clients and visitors.
Our commitment is now and will always be to train the workforce of tomorrow through real world, hands-on educational experiences for our students.
Great Plains Technology Center complies with local, state, and federal guidelines to control the spread of COVID-19. For the most recent COVID-19 best practices for K-12 Schools and Higher Education, please click here.
CAMPUS Guidance for COVID Update:
- Masks are optional.
- Guests may enter through any door which is available for public use. Anyone exhibiting a temperature, unusual cough or other health related issue which may be due to COVID is asked to not enter the building.
- Custodial staff will continue disinfecting high contact surfaces.
- Instructors are encouraged to continue keeping shared spaces and equipment disinfected.
- PPE will continue to be provided by the school for those needing the supplies.
- Staff are encouraged to continue practicing good hygiene, to include hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer.
- Class size has returned to pre-COVID numbers.
- Building 300, the Business Development Center, and the Prairie Room will open for public meeting space. The Frederick Seminar Center will also reopen. Scheduling of those rooms is as follows: Building 300 (Kelly Filer) Business Development Center (Dana Newsom) Prairie Room (Kelly Filer) Frederick Seminar Center (Ken McKee).
- All employees are encouraged to vaccinate but the decision to do so remains a personal choice.