Customized programs and services designed specifically for you.
Here are a few of the current services we offer through the Economic Development Center.
Whether you are a farmer or rancher who is just getting started or a seasoned agri-business manager, we can provide assistance to improve your operations.
We provide you with help on:
- management-related computer program training, such as Quicken and Excel
- completing loan paperwork for FSA and commercial bank loans and managing required documentation
- developing farming financials
- marketing strategies and farm business plans.
Our staff is available for one-on-one consultations and instruction at your farm/ranch headquarters or at the EDC on the Lawton and Frederick campuses.
Agri-Business Management Coordinator
Do you have specific training needs that a canned, off-the shelf program won't address? Our customized training programs are designed to meet the unique needs of your company and your workforce. We can provide the training at your place or ours.
Here are some recent examples:
- Industrial Maintenance
- Quality and Process Improvement
- Workforce Performance Improvement
- Strategic Planning and Leadership
Working with the Oklahoma CareerTech, we can help qualified employers to apply for annual training grants that can significantly reduce training costs.
We are fast, flexible, and willing to develop and deliver programs that are totally tailored to meet your needs, at a fraction of the cost of other vendors.
Customized Training Coordinator
We are actively involved in the recruitment, expansion and retention of wealth producing businesses and industries in southwest Oklahoma as an active member of the Lawton
economic development community.
Here are some of community partners:
Keith O. Bridges
Government Procurement Assistance
We provide free government procurement assistance to businesses that are seeking contract opportunities in selling their goods and services to federal, state, county and local governments. The same help is available to those businesses that are selling to private and commercial businesses and industries.
Our clients have received an average of $40 million per year in government contracts since the center opened in Lawton, creating or retaining jobs for Lawton and southwest Oklahoma. The service concentrates on finding opportunities at Fort Sill, Altus Air Force Base, Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, and with U.S. Corps of Engineers and the State of Oklahoma.
The center operates as part of a large telecommunications network, working daily to link local businesses with governmental entities and their agencies as they let contracts. Opportunities available with bid assistance include:
- Bid matching computer program to search data bases and match information to specific businesses.
- Help in developing a business profile for submission to that bid matching software.
- Daily notices of goods and services that governmental agencies are seeking, including details on who is administering contracts, where the work will be done and how to submit bids.
- Help registering businesses with government organizations.
- Assistance in locating and demonstrating how to use government agencies websites.
- Access to a construction summary that lists current jobs being planned in Oklahoma.
- Help in locating bid dates, architects, construction manager, prime contractor and plan holds list, to help sub-contractors.
Small Business Management
Own a small business? We offer a consulting and training resource staffed by professionals who are ready to roll up our sleeves and find innovative and strategic solutions to your business challenges. Our staff will work with your business to enhance your bottom line at a minimal cost.
Small Business Management Coordinator
Businesses with strong and active safety programs are more productive, more profitable and have less employee turnover. We can tailor a safety plan that meets the specific needs of your business.
As a designated OSHA Training Institute, we offer safety training from OSHA-certified trainers in all areas of safety culture development and OSHA compliance. We also provide services to support the training needs of contractors doing work on government installations that require compliance with US Army Corps of Engineers safety training standards. Classes can be delivered at either our Economic Development Center or at your workplace.
Why you will benefit from safety training:
- Meets OSHA requirements
- Reduces workers’ compensation claims
- Helps employers provide a safe work environment
- Improves employee morale and productivity