Linking Individuals to New Careers
Benefits Offered By L.I.N.C
- Educational Assistance for TANF & qualified non-TANF clients referred by the Department of Human Services.
- Training through Great Plains Technology Center in one of the twenty full-time programs and over 200 different courses, using state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
- Short term course tuition and Books paid for by L.I.N.C.
- Valuable Life Skills Training
- Work Attitude and Ethics; Self-Esteem and Goal-Setting; Conflict Management; Team Building; Stress and Time Management and Interpersonal Relationship.
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Basic Skills Testing to determine any math, language, and reading needs. Tutoring available in these areas as well.
- Interest and skill testing to help identify areas in which you have natural abilities and interest.
- Opportunities to learn more about yourself and the world of work. Guest speakers, field trips, and special seminars will be offered to give a better understanding of what it takes to be successful on the job.
- Individual exploration of careers that are of interest to you, which will include actual work site “shadowing” of a person employed in your area of interest and observation of classes at the Technology Center.
- A support network of others like you, interested in making a change for the future.
- Assistance in obtaining financial aid; funding for tuition and supplies for those who are in default for full time courses.
- Job searching and employment assistance available.
If you are ready and willing to make a commitment that could change your life, then L.I.N.C. is ready to help.
Contact your caseworker to be referred.
L.I.N.C. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and is located in building 100.
Judy Smith (Coordinator): (580)250-5685 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tina Lankford (Secretary): (580) 250-5687 / email@example.com
Fax Number: (580)250-5588