CAREER TRAINING THAT WORKS!
Each year Great Plains Technology Center graduates:
- 150 Licensed Practical Nurses, Radiologic Technologists, Surgical Technologists, Advanced Respiratory Therapists.
- 125 Welders, carpenters, electricians and construction trades specialists.
- 150 nurse and home health aides, pharmacy techs, phlebotomists, EMT’s and paramedics.
- 175 computer technology, network security and graphic design students.
Great Plains graduates will earn an extra $370,000!*
*Center for Applied Economic Research, Oklahoma State University, 2006. Future earnings of a GPTC completer compared to a high school graduate who receives no post secondary education.
We will train the workforce of the future by providing exemplary educational opportunities.
Our mission is to prepare individuals for success in work and life and serve as a driving force for economic development in Southwest Oklahoma.
- We are committed to the communities we serve.
- We are ethical in all endeavors.
- We are accountable for our decisions and actions.
- We are dedicated to promoting economic development in Southwest Oklahoma.
- We believe in the unity of the school, community, and economy.
- We believe in lifelong learning to remain competitive in a global economy.
- We believe employers are an integral part in improving programs and services.
- We believe employability skills, technical competence, and academic rigor are essential for student success.
- We believe our students deserve to be among the most highly skilled workers in the world.
School Improvement Planning Goals
- Enhance and expand student/customer options
- Create an environment for the continuous improvement of the quality of our products and services
- Develop partnerships with businesses and other educational institutions to facilitate the development of a comprehensive workforce preparation system in Southwest Oklahoma
- Systematically evaluate the success of Great Plains Technology Center and identify opportunities for improvement of our products, processes, and services
Staff Development Planning Goals
- Invest in the organization’s human resources to ensure the continual improvement of our efforts
Capital Improvement Planning Goals
- Increase available teaching space and improve campus access
- Construct a Business Incubator on campus to stimulate small business development in Comanche County and Southwest Oklahoma
- Construct a Regional Public Service Facility to house EMT/Fire Academy, Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice Academy, and E-911 Services